Firearms innovator Extar USA continues to strive in ways made in America to keep shooting affordable. The EP9 is considered by many to be the highest value large format 9mm pistol on the market. In addition to manufacturing most of the pistol in-house, Extar USA helps keep prices down by eliminating margins by only selling direct to the consumer.
Now Extar USA continues its strategies with the EM9-18 Glock-pattern 9mm magazine.
As with all Extar USA products, extensive research and design went into producing the new magazine. The previous existence of the magazine pattern did not mean that there was no room for improvement and optimization to make a better magazine that could be sold at a lower cost.
The Extar EM9-18 was created using extensive knowledge of materials and mold design to produce the best polymer Glock-style magazine on the market. The EM9-18 holds 18 rounds and can be inserted into a closed bolt for 18+1 in your firearm. Compatible with all full-size 9mm (double stack) Glock pistols and compact and sub-compact variants, the EM9-18 is lightweight, smooth-feeding, and will detach from the Extar EP9.
Extar USA was determined to offer a magazine only if it met or exceeded the performance of OEM Glock magazines. Extar USA’s expertise with state-of-the-art engineering grade materials, tool design and processing has achieved this goal and created a premium magazine at an affordable price.
- EM9-18 magazines match the feed lip stiffness of Glock OEM magazines and exceed that of Korean imported steel cased magazines.
- EM9-18 chargers outperform all other polymer-only aftermarket offerings available at the time of development.
- Designed with a single witness window to reduce the chance of debris entering and further improve reliability in austere conditions.
- EM9-18 magazines swell less than OEM Glock magazines when fully loaded, resulting in easier insertion into the firearm.
- The EM9-18 has been designed to allow insertion into the EP9 with a closed bolt without damaging the magazine, as may be experienced with Glock OEM and other aftermarket magazines.
Although developed with EP9 shooters in mind, Extar USA is proud to offer the EM9-18 magazine to shooters of all platforms looking for affordable and reliable Glock-pattern 9mm magazines.
About Extar USA: Since 1995, the people behind Extar USA have been redefining possibilities in the firearms industry. Innovations like the first rifle-caliber polymer receiver sets, the first stay-open Glock-type magazine last-round bolt for personal defense weapons, and advanced recoil-absorbing technologies are the pedigree of Extar USA. Today, Extar’s mission is to provide light, fun and reliable firearms at a price that working Americans can afford.