Thanks to the development of a military contract, DURAMAG now offers new options for shooters in the form of a new aluminum 5.56 x 45mm 20 round AR magazine. This new magazine follows the familiar contours of a standard 30-round AR magazine, but reduces the overall length for prone and bench shooting situations, and increases comfort when carried on a belt.
The new 20rd SPEED magazine offers the following features and expands the shooter’s options with:
- Easier handling in and out of rifles and bags by providing a greater surface area to grip.
- Simplified reloading mechanics for shooters with the familiar curve shooters from 30-round magazines they’ve trained with.
- Improved round presentation angle; reducing projectile contact during feeding to increase accuracy potential.
- More internal volume than polymer alternatives for increased reliability and resistance to particulate debris, including dust and sand.
- Color anodizing for accelerated recognition of special loads, camouflage integration, or a touch of style.
- The weight saving benefits of DURAMAG’s aluminum SPEED line and the full suite of DURAMAG trademark technologies.
DURAMAG will continue to produce and sell the unique straight barrel stainless steel 20 round magazine, as well as offer this aluminum curved military contract option to the American public.
At DURAMAG we design magazines to meet the specific demands of each discipline: combat, law enforcement, and sport. We develop solutions to our clients’ challenges in each and every category. To meet the needs of today’s combat conditions, we have developed a new stainless steel magazine. Outperforms industry standard military-spec aluminum magazine in all tests.