The Wisconsin DNR has just announced changes for the 2022 hunting season.
In particular, the new regulations affect open water hunting of waterfowl.
Hunters can now do it on the open waters of the Great Lakes, Green Bay, and Big Green Lake.
However, hunters must stay a minimum of 500 feet from shore.
Additionally, squirrel season has been extended from the last day of January to February 28.
The DNR also announced that its 2022 Harvester Wisconsin Hunting Regulations brochure is now available online.
The Wisconsin Harvest Regulations are also available online.
The 2022 deer season is as follows, according to the DNR:
- Gun Hunt for Hunters with Disabilities: October 1-9
- Youth Deer Hunt: October 8-9
- Gun Deer Hunt: November 19-27
- Muzzleloader: November 28 to December 2. 7
- Statewide Antlerless Hunt: December 8-11
- Holiday hunting in the farmland area: from December 24 to January 1. 1, 2023