WILD HEARTS, the new hunting game developed by Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force and published by Electronic Arts under the EA Originals banner, today receives its first gameplay trailer featuring over seven minutes of hunting. Most of the images show the Hanagasumi Hills, the spring region (there will be four main regions, one dedicated to each season).
WILD HEARTS will be released on February 17, 2023 for PC (via Origin, Steam, and the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series S|X. Find out more about it through the official overview available below.
WILD HEARTS takes place in Azuma, a fantasy landscape inspired by feudal Japan. The beasts imbued with nature, who usually live in peace, are now rampaging through the countryside, altering their surroundings at the cost of the lives of the citizens.
After a terrible fight with the winter wolf Deathstalker, you become the bearer of life-sustaining technology. As your powers increase, you are forced to restore balance to the entire region.
● Hunt giant beasts infused with nature: Kemono are beasts that have undergone a unique evolution by merging with their surroundings and wielding the power of nature to reshape their surroundings to suit their needs. You’ll encounter Kemono of all sizes, from plant-infused squirrels to the massive Kingtusk boar, to the wild Deathstalker wolf, and many more creatures. These huge creatures use the power of nature itself to defend their new territory.
● Prepare your battlefield: The ancient Karakuri technology allows you to create and build new, highly flexible and creative hunting grounds to defeat the giant Kemono. Stock up on materials to build many types of karakuri, depending on your needs, skills, and the kemono you’re fighting with. Each new Kemono you defeat reveals new Karakuri and new resources to use.
● Hunter or Lone Wolf Pack: WILD HEARTS’ cooperative and cross-play features allow you and up to two friends to hunt Kemono together. Pack hunting allows you to expand your battle plans with more building abilities and special missions. As a lone wolf, you can seamlessly join and help other hunters in multiplayer through the Torri System, or you can take on the giant beasts on your own.
● Prepare to hunt, Hunt to equip: You can become the best hunter by gathering materials from each hunt and the environment and creating unique sets of armor with different variations. With unique weapons to choose from and tons of variations, there’s a combat style for everyone, each with a different gameplay and attacks. You can craft gear from the defeated Kemono material and further customize it to suit your playstyle.
● Immerse yourself in the fantasy of feudal Japan: Immerse yourself in beautiful environments filled with structures that represent the daily life, faith and warfare of the people, now absorbed into nature. The four hunting grounds of WILD HEARTS, each representing the different seasons, are brought to life by AAA in-game visuals, allowing you to enjoy the beauty of the blossoming terrain of Hanagasumi Hill (Spring), the waterfall of Starfall Island Surrounded by the Sea (Summer), Scarlet The natural scenery of the canyon covered in autumn leaves (Autumn), and Half Frozen Moon Castle (Winter), all accessible from Minato Town.
Products mentioned in this publication.