Join hunter and chef Jenn Danella for page after page of crave-worthy recipes that bring the wild game to breakfast, lunch, dinner—even the tailgate!
If you’ve ever had trouble getting your whole family to enjoy a venison-based meal, or need ideas for using game meat, you’ve come to the right place. In The Weeknight Wild Game Cookbook, you’ll find exciting venison and wild game recipes based on familiar favorites. From burgers, patties, and enchiladas to soups, stews, and grilled delights, these recipes are easy and accessible, making cooking with tasty protein more accessible. Find chapter after chapter of wild cooking that inspires:
- Breakfast & Brunch: Venison & Bacon Breakfast Pizza, Venison Quiche, Honey Butter Pheasant Biscuit, Wild Hog Egg Mini Bites with Sausage
- Appetizer/Afternoon: Wild Game Triple Meatballs, Mini Venison Cheeseburger Muffins, Sweet Heat BBQ Wild Turkey Bites, Spinach and Mushroom Venison Pinwheels, Rabbit Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Soups, Stews and Slow Cooked Meals: Venison Stuffed Pepper Soup, Asian Wild Turkey and Potsticker Soup, Cider Wild Pork Stew, Burgundian Rabbit, Braised French Onion Pheasant, Crocodile Venison BBQ slow
- Baked and Fried: Chili Venison Macaroni, BBQ Venison Pizza, White Wild Turkey Enchiladas, Wild Game Tater Tot Casserole, Fried Venison Chicken, Fried Duck Meatballs
- Grilled & Grilled: Bourbon Wild Turkey, Venison Birria Tacos, Venison Burgers, Jamaican Pheasant, Thai Chili Turkey Lettuce Cups, Chipotle Venison Kebabs
Jenn also reviews basic butchery for venison, thereby demystifying the process of achieving particular cuts. Whether you’re the hunter in your family or just the lucky beneficiary of the hunt, it’s time to cook!
About the Author
JENN DANELLA She is a sporty woman, hunter, and wild game cook with a passion for the great outdoors. Her father introduced her to all things outdoors at a young age, and she still remembers her first fishing trip. She eventually started hunting in high school and soon after, hunting, fishing, and cooking became her full-time passions. Her goal is to inspire everyone, but particularly women and young adults, to get more involved in outdoor activities. She wants to show her own life as proof that women can be a great asset to the hunting community through her skills and knowledge. When it comes to wild game, Jenn believes it’s important to share accessible recipes that celebrate the range of flavors that wild game brings to the table. After all, there is no better way to inspire more people to hunt and fish than by showing how delicious it can be. Find her online at www.jenndanella.com.