The Original Muck Boot Company Men’s Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain Boot Review
We’ve been using Muck Boots for over 20 years, and these new Apex Pro boots are some of the best we’ve had the chance to wear and test. It all comes down to the simple look of these boots. Also, we like the new Vibram Arctic Grip All Terrain outsole with the Vibram XS Trek Evo compound.
The new traction lug technology and grip on these boots allow you to have the kind of adventures you want. This includes any type of winter conditions you may come into contact with, such as ice, wet ice, scree, loose soil, packed snow, and icy rocks. We first tried these boots making some snow on a sloping trail with ½ inch of ice under the snow. We were able to maintain traction and do our job without slipping on the ice.
The boot is designed to be worn a bit more like an active boot. Our initial thought was (and still is) to wear these boots this winter as an all-around boot and also use them for coyote hunting where we know we’re going to be a little more active and moving around and a lot more active. .
The grip on these boots has grit embedded directly into the rubber, allowing them to grip ice and slippery surfaces, keeping you on your feet. The comfort of these boots is exceptional and they are easy to put on and take off. Because of the rubber cover on the front of these boots, they’re not made to fold up, but they’re so easy to put on and take off that it’s not really something you need. These boots look good and will work just as well over pants as under pants, depending on the fit you’re looking for. Usually on ice and snow, I wear them over my pants. These boots are 100% waterproof, so they’ll work well for ice fishing, snow hunting, and winter farm work.
I’d love to see them in a few different colors, but black works and is easy to keep clean. I like the reflective pull on the tabs; they were easy to spot with the flashlight. These boots can be ordered direct from the Muck Boot Company or your local farm and ranch store. You’ll pay a little more for the all-terrain boot compared to some of the other Muck Boots, but the grip you get on slippery surfaces will be worth the extra money you spend to get something that will last and keep you upright in harsh winter conditions.
- 100% waterproof
- Fully lined with 4mm CR Flex-Foam neoprene, 100% waterproof with exceptional comfort, flexibility, shock absorption and heat retention properties; conforms to the contours of your foot to resist blisters and chafing
- Breathable mesh lining facilitates air circulation to improve comfort and reduce heat and humidity
- Dual-density comfort insole with memory foam for long-lasting cushioning
- EVA midsole for lightweight comfort and shock absorption
- Extended rubber coverage for added protection.
- bioDEWIX™ antimicrobial footbed with NZYM™ for odor control and moisture management
- Combining Vibram’s new Arctic Grip All Terrain sole with the XS Trek Evo compound and its new Traction Lug technology for greater durability and grip on wet and dry surfaces; providing better traction on loose ground.
- Pull tab for easy on and off
- Estimated height: 30 cm/ 12 inches
- Estimated maximum calf circumference: 43 cm/17 inches
- Comfort range: -20°F to 50°F / -30°C to 10°C