Colt is proud to announce the release of its new CBX precision rifle. The CBX is an advanced bolt-action rifle with features ideal for competitive shooters. “Our engineers excelled in designing the CBX rifle,” said Jessica Treglia, director of commercial products for Colt Manufacturing. “We have created a premium sniper rifle worthy of the Colt name.”
The CBX rifle can be customized to suit shooters, and its modular accommodates aftermarket accessories including suppressors, weights, AICS magazines, and optic mounts.
The modularity of a chassis rifle system makes them a popular choice for competitive shooters. The CBX’s user adjustable draw length and side weld allow for a custom shooter fit. The rifle’s aluminum chassis features an extended 15-inch front end with an ARCA rail and M-LOK® slots for mounting accessories. An aggressive barricade stop establishes a solid shooting platform in any position. Improved ergonomics include an angled pistol grip, built-in thumb rack, QD cups, and ambidextrous magazine release, providing a user-friendly shooting experience.
The CBX rifle system features a flat bottom receiver, a design that reduces flex and improves accuracy. Its 60° bolt throw allows for faster cycle times and greater optical compatibility, while its ergonomic 2-position tang safety is intuitive and quick to operate. A user-adjustable crisp trigger (2.5-5 lbs.) allows for a customizable shooter feel.
Colt optimized the length of the CBX’s carbon steel button-rifled barrel for ballistic performance. The 6.5 Creedmoor has a 26-inch barrel, while the .308 Win uses a 24-inch barrel, and both feature 5/8-24 UNEF threaded muzzles with thread guards. A black nitride treatment protects the barrels from corrosion and provides a tactical matte finish.
Other features included with the CBX Rifle System are a 1-piece Picatinny rail with Rem700 compatible scope mounts and a detachable 5-round Magpul AICS magazine.
Colt backs the CBX precision rifle with a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee. “We are proud of the CBX rifle platform and know shooters will love its performance,” added Treglia. The CBX Precision Rifle is available from Colt now at dealers across the country.
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Features:
- Flat bottom receiver reduces flex and improves accuracy
- AICS magazine compatible (includes 5-round Magpul® magazine)
- Black nitride barrel finish protects against corrosion
- Carbon steel, button-rifled barrel with ballistically optimized length and torque
- 2-position ergonomic safety
- 60° bolt launch for faster cycle times and greater optical compatibility
- 1 Piece Picatinny Rail – Rem700 Compatible
- Aluminum chassis with user adjustable pull length and side weld
- Extended (15”) forearm with ACRA rail and M-LOK® slots
- Aggressive Barricade Parry
- User adjustable trigger (2.5-5 lbs)
- Pistol grip, thumb rack, QD cups, ambidextrous mag latch
Colt CBX Precision Rifle Specifications:
- Barrel Length: 24” .308 Win; 26” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Weight: 10.75 pounds (unloaded)
- Ability: 5+1
- Turn rate: 1:10RH 6 GR .308 Win; 1:8RH 6GR 6.5 Creedmoor
- OALL: 47” .308Win; 49” 6.5 Creedmoor
- Trigger Pull: 2.5-5 lbs (user adjustable)
- MSRP: $1,899
Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC (www.colt.com) is among the world’s leading designers, developers and manufacturers of firearms. Founded by Samuel Colt in 1836, Colt’s Manufacturing has supplied civilian, military and law enforcement customers in the United States and abroad for more than 185 years. Colt operates its manufacturing facility in West Hartford, Conn.
For more information please visit