Today, the Congressional Sportsperson Foundation (CSF) announced that its Board of Directors has elected Richard Childress Racing, President and CEO, Richard Childress as President; Pure Fishing CEO Harlan Kent as vice president; the CEO of Bekun, LLC and Berverst, LLC Francisco Bergaz as Secretary; and Rather Outdoors, LLC CEO Ken Eubanks as treasurer. Additionally, in 2023, the Board will welcome new member Mark Smith, who has served as Chairman and CEO of Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. since 2020. CSF Chairman and CEO Jeff Crane will continue to serve as a member. of the ex officio board.
The mission of the CSF Board of Directors is to work with Foundation leadership and staff to protect and promote our outdoor heritage. Through ongoing support and commitment, CSF Board members bring expertise to the Foundation in a variety of areas of expertise. As fellow athletes, members of the CSF Board of Directors share a passion for wildlife conservation and take a leadership role in supporting the critical policy work that the Foundation executes at both the federal and state levels.
In addition to the Executive Committee, the CSF 2023 Board of Directors will be composed of:
- Pete Angle, President of Covey Partners, LLC
- Joe Bartozzi, President and CEO of the National Shooting Sports Foundation
- Tuck Beckstoffer, President, Tuck Beckstoffer Wines
- Mark Cherpes, President and CEO, FN America, LLC
- James Cummins, Executive Director, Mississippi Wildlife
- Tripper Dickson, President and CEO, Sports South, LLC
- Evan Hafer, founder and CEO of Black Rifle Coffee Co.
- Becky Humphries, CEO, National Wild Turkey Federation
- Corey Mason, CEO, Dallas Safari Club
- Bruce Pettet, Chairman and CEO of Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
- Tim Phillips, Owner and President of P&S Paving
- Adam Putnam, CEO of Ducks Unlimited
- Steve Skold, Past President, Safari Club International
- Mark Smith, President and CEO, Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc.
- Bob Ziehmer, Senior Director of Curation, Bass Pro Shops
The CSF 2023 Honorary Board of Directors will be composed of:
- John Morris – Honorary Life Director
- Robert Model – Honorary Director Emeritus
- Honorable Lindsay Thomas – Honorary Director Emeritus
- Ralph Castner, President of Rush Creek Advisors, LLC
- bruce culpepper
- mark of young
- Chris Dorsey, Chairman and CEO of Dorsey Pictures
- Jason Hornady, vice president of Hornady Manufacturing Co.
- Walter McLallen, Tomahawk Strategic Solutions
- Paul Miller, President of Adams Arms, LLC
“As I have always maintained, CSF’s greatest asset is its people,” said Richard Childress, President and CEO of Richard Childress Racing. “I am excited to take this opportunity to lead the Board of Directors because of CSF’s role as a leader in the field of outdoor policy. His work is critical to American athletes in general and to me personally as an avid hunter, fisherman, and recreational shooter. We have a great group of men and women on the Board and I know 2023 will be CSF’s most successful year yet.”
Board members who completed their terms of service in 2022 were Simon Roosevelt, James Debney, Christopher Metz, and John Nau III. Additionally, Brad Franklin completed his term of service on the Honorary Board of Directors.
“As CSF President and CEO, I would like to personally thank Simon, James, Chris, John and Brad for their service to our organization during their tenures,” said Jeff Crane. “At the beginning of 118the Congress and the opening of legislative sessions across the country, the CSF will continue to advocate on behalf of America’s athletes, and the support of the Board of Directors is an integral part of that process. I look forward to the opportunity to work with our new Board Chairman, Richard Childress, who has not only been a board member for many years, but has been a pillar of leadership in the field of conservation of life for decades. wild”.
Founded in 1989, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) is the informed authority on outdoor issues and serves as the primary conduit for influencing public policy. Working with the Congressional Athletes Caucus (CSC), the Governors Athletes Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Athletes Caucus (NASC), CSF gives a voice to hunters, anglers, recreational shooters and hunters on Capitol Hill and in all state capitals. advocate for vital outdoor issues that are the backbone of our nation’s conservation legacy. For more information on CSF’s policy work, visit www.congressionalsportsmen.org.