The event, to benefit Wolfson Children’s patients, returns May 18-20, 2023 at City Docks in Palatka, Florida.
The highlight of this year:
- More than $48,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to competitors from across the Southeast.
- For $20, anyone can be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a 2023 21′ Model 21XRS Bullet Boat with Trailer, courtesy of Bullet Boats, valued at $78,000 (engine included). All proceeds from the raffle will help fund new technology for the C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Heart Institute at Wolfson Children’s Hospital. To enter the Bass Boat Sweepstakes, visit wolfsonbasstournament.com. Ticket sales close on Friday, June 2, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
- This year’s Bass Jackpot drawing will be broadcast on Facebook Live on Saturday, June 3 at 11am.
- The Wolfson Children’s Bass Tournament is one of the largest bass fishing tournaments in Florida and one of the oldest, now in its 34th year.
- Since the first tournament in 1989, the event has raised more than $6 million for Wolfson Children’s and the patients treated there.
- Thursday May 18: Lads & Lasses Tournament (one male and one female sailor). Docks of the city of Palatka.
- Friday May 19: VIP & Friends Tournament (pre-fishing sponsor boats). Docks of the city of Palatka.
- Saturday, May 20: Wolfson Children’s Hospital 34th Annual Bass Tournament. Docks of the city of Palatka.
Register online any time before noon on Tuesday, May 16, 2023. In-person registrations will take place at the Palatka City Docks from 4 am to safe light on the morning of May 18 and 19 and from 3 a.m. tournament. The boats launch into the safe light. The City of Palatka Docks are located at 309 River Street, Palatka, Fla. 32177.
- Thursday May 18: Weigh-in begins at 3 pm. Lads & Lasses winners announced.
- Friday May 19: Weigh-in begins at 3 pm. VIP & Friends winners announced.
- Saturday May 20: Weigh-in begins at 3 pm.
- Weigh-ins continue in 15-minute increments, staggered by vessel number.
- After the weigh-in, the winners take the stage to receive prizes and cash prizes.
Visuals and interview opportunities:
- Participating anglers and passersby enjoying three bass fishing events.
- Weighing tournament of the participating fishermen.
- Interviews with Sam Dean and Brian Seay, co-chairs of the Wolfson Children’s Hospital Bass Tournament Committee.
- Interviews with tournament winners, once announced.
In 1989, the Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville Plant Facilities Department along with several others organized the Bass Tournament as a way to fund capital improvements and purchase the latest medical technology for Wolfson Children’s, the only children’s hospital in Northeast Florida.
To register for the Wolfson Children’s Hospital Bass Tournament, enter the Bass Sweepstakes or make a donation to the hospital’s mission, visit wolfsonbasstournament.com.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital depends on the generosity of our community members. To support Wolfson Children’s Hospital, visit wolfsonchildrens.com/dar.
About Wolfson Children’s Hospital of Jacksonville
Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida, is part of Baptist Health, the most comprehensive healthcare system in Northeast Florida serving all stages of life. Wolfson Children’s is the only pediatric hospital in Northeast Florida and serves as the pediatric referral center for North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Staffed 24/7 by pediatric nurses and other health professionals specially trained to work with children, the 276-bed, patient- and family-focused hospital is equipped with the latest technology pediatric physician in a welcoming and child-friendly environment. At Wolfson Children’s, nationally recognized pediatric specialists representing nearly all medical and surgical specialties work with pediatricians to provide care for children of all ages with congenital heart conditions, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and endocrinological disorders, orthopedic conditions, behavioral health, traumatic injuries. , and more. Wolfson Children’s collaborates with pediatric organizations, including Nemours Children’s Health, Jacksonville, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburghhe University of Florida College of Medicine—Jacksonville and Mayo Clinic Florida. Wolfson Children’s Hospital, a Magnet™-designated hospital since 2010, has been named among US News & World Report’s Top 50 Hospitals for Children year after year, and in 2021, was selected as one of eight hospitals for children in the country as Leapfrog Top Children’s Hospital, a recognition of quality and patient safety. For additional information, visit wolfsonchildrens.com.