Let’s be VERY clear, cancer sucks. YETI is doing something this year by donating $100,000 to Boarding for Breast Cancer and Casting for Recovery and has focused on breast cancer awareness this year with the limited edition Ice Pink Rambler® Drinkware.
Donations like this are important to the success of campaigns to end cancer. This campaign comes especially close to us here this year at HuntingLife.com, as a close family member is battling cancer. We know the power of positive thinking and we are living it every day. In addition to your donation, YETI is doing something to raise awareness by producing this limited edition Ice Out Cancer Pink Drinkware. You can show your support by purchasing one of the Ice Out Cancer Pink tumblers.
The YETI Ice out cancer pink collection comes in a variety of models including the slim can cooler, 30 oz. glass, the 20 oz. glass, the 20 oz. travel mug, one 18 oz. water bottle, and the 24 oz. Bowl. His Rambler Magslider color pack sold out quickly. I hope all of these sell out quickly, so grab this deal quickly.
ABOUT CASTING FOR CANCER
Casting for Recovery (CfR) offers outdoor healing retreats for women with breast cancer at no cost to participants. CfR retreats offer opportunities for women to find inspiration, discover renewed energy for life, and experience healing connections with other women and nature. The retreats are open to women with breast cancer of all ages, in all stages of treatment and recovery. For more than 25 years, women from all walks of life have benefited from CfR’s inspiring program model.
Casting for Recovery was founded in 1996 in Manchester, Vermont, by a breast reconstruction surgeon and professional fly fisherman. Granted 501(c)(3) nonprofit status in 1998, Casting for Recovery’s innovative program focuses on improving the quality of life for women with breast cancer and has been endorsed by medical experts and psychosocial throughout the country.
Quick facts about casting for cancer
- Casting for Recovery offers free fly fishing retreats for women with breast cancer
- 70% of women who attend Casting for Recovery retreats have never been to a support group
- CfR currently offers more than 40 retreats across the country, serving more than 700 women each year. To date, more than 10,000 women with breast cancer have benefited from the healing power of nature.
- CfR is supported by more than 1,800 volunteers across the country, including medical and psychosocial professionals, fly-fishing instructors, and alumni.
- National sponsors include Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, Buff, Costa, Enell, Madison Rose, Orvis, Pfizer, SIMMS, Texas Oncology, YETI and Sycamore Capital
- CfR has inspired similar efforts in six countries outside the US.
About hospitalization for breast cancer
Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit foundation founded in 1996. Our mission is threefold focused on preparing youth with early detection education, promoting the importance of maintaining an active lifestyle, and healthy as the best means of breast cancer prevention, and providing survivor support for those affected by breast cancer.
We accomplish this through our year-round participation in grassroots, youth-focused lifestyle events with our Experience educational outreach, prevention and awareness fundraising events, and survival programs.