Hobie® Eyewear is pleased to introduce the latest addition to its floating collection, the Everglades Float Sunglasses. As part of the highly anticipated Float Collection, the Everglades Float offers anglers and outdoor enthusiasts a reliable solution that combines style, performance, and unmatched functionality.
“As avid fishermen, we understand the frustration of losing sunglasses while out on the water. The Hobie® Float Collection, including the Everglades Float Sunglasses, are designed to give anglers peace of mind, with a stylish and comfortable design,” said Dylan Coates, Hobie® Eyewear Marketing Manager. “With our floatable sunglasses, you don’t have to worry about losing your eye protection. Like our other floating models, they feature an incredibly lightweight thermoplastic frame that also makes them very comfortable for all-day wear.”
Everglades Float sunglasses use Hobie’s Sightmaster™ Plus lenses. Nylon polarized lenses increase clarity and enhance contrast between fish and rocks to provide the contrast and visibility needed for technical sight fishing from dawn to dusk. Polarized lenses eliminate glare from the sun and surrounding objects, provide optimal visual acuity, and 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC protection, making the Everglades Float the best choice for flat fishing and sight fishing. The hydro/oleophobic coatings on the lenses repel and shed water, sunscreen, dirt and dust, keeping the angler’s vision clear at all times. Ideal for stalking redfish, snook and tarpon in the mangroves, Sightmaster™ Plus lenses significantly reduce weight and provide greater comfort for those all-day trips.
Professional angler Carl Jocumsen lists the new Everglades Float sunglasses as one of his personal favorites to wear on the Bassmaster Elite series this year. “They are very clear to look through. On dark days, they illuminate everything in all aspects. I had a situation on day 2 of Lake Seminole where I had to catch a couple of bass that were shallow. They were very fussy, guarding the fry and were on the beds. The Sightmaster™ Plus lenses broke through and allowed me to see them. It was cloudy and windy. It was the worst conditions, and they did the best job,” said Carl Jocumsen, a professional fisherman.
Engineered to meet the rigorous needs of anglers, the Everglades Float Sunglasses combine exceptional visual clarity and signature Hobie comfort to ensure successful days on the water. The lightweight thermoplastic frame and co-molded nose and temple pads are designed to distribute weight evenly and maximize grip. With exceptional heat resistance, the Everglades Float is highly durable in harsh saltwater environments.
Competitively priced at $109.99, Everglades Float Sunglasses offer unmatched value and performance compared to competitive sunglasses. The starting price makes them accessible to a wide range of customers, ensuring that everyone can benefit from the maximum performance and protection that Hobie® eyewear offers. In terms of performance, Everglades Float sunglasses are built to withstand the wear, pressure, and damage of the elements.
- The frames stay above or rise to the surface upon impact with the water, making them easy to retrieve if accidentally dropped.
- Lightweight frame composed of low-density material for even weight distribution when used for extended periods.
- Co-molded nose pads and temples maximize comfort and grip.
- Nylon lenses are significantly lighter than polycarbonate or glass, and also provide slightly better clarity.
- Hydro/oleophobic lens coatings repel and shed water, sunscreen, dirt and dust.
- The Hobie® Sightmaster™ Plus lens allows you to see the contrast between fish and rocks below the water’s surface. Recommended for low light and cloudy conditions. [not recommended for driving.]
- Polarized lenses eliminate all reflections from the sun and surrounding objects/water with optimum clarity and 100% UVA, UVB and UVC protection.
- Performance thermoplastic frame features that keep up with the rigors of active lifestyles.
- The 8 base size and wraparound design offer greater sun protection, ensuring limited light leakage.
- Versatile and elegant colour/design lenses.
- Inspired by the famous wetlands of Florida, USA.
- MSRP: $109.99
- Frame Color: Satin Black
- Lens Color: Hobie® Sightmaster™ Plus
- Dimensions: Eye Size: 63mm | Bridge Size: 18mm | Temple Length: 129mm | Lens Curve: Base 8
For more information, visit www.hobieeyewear.com.
Since 1982, Hobie® Eyewear has made being on the water easier and more enjoyable. – to pioneer a better, clearer, more accurate kind of vision. Fusing expertly crafted designs with premium polarization, durability, and innovative technologies has been instrumental, following in the footsteps of visionary creator Hobie Alter. Hobie’s growing catalog of products includes the Ultralight Floating Collection, HydroClean™ Repellent Lens Coatings and Quick Change Lenses to meet the needs of all outdoor enthusiasts. Learn more at www.hobieeyewear.es and continue your adventure in Facebook, instagram and Youtube at @HobieEyewear.
For more information please visit