The results of the National Postal Competition of Three Positions 2022-2023 of the Civil Marksmanship Program (CMP) are already here. The annual precision and sporting junior air rifle event had 1,370 total entrants during the post period, which ran from October 2022 to February 2023.
Incredibly, the precision match saw Gracie Dinh, 17, of the Starkville Gun Club International Team in Mississippi, hit a perfect score of 300-25X, the first score of 300 in the match’s 10-year existence. Katrina Demerle, 18, of Hamilton, OH, and Griffin Lake, 17, of Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle Team, PA, nearly matched the outstanding score, each earning a score of 299.
Sports athlete Clara Yang, 17, of University High School, WA, shot a score of 281-8X to surpass last year’s Sporter Postal leading scorer, Charles Bratton, 18, of Clover High School, SC, who lost by one point.
High individual and teams of the CMP Three Positions Postal Contest 2022-2023:
- Clara Yang, 17, College High School, WA – 281-8X
- Charles Bratton, 18, Clover High School, SC – 280-10X
- Logan Major, 17, Brooke Point Navy JROTC, VA – 278-11X
- Gracie Dinh, 17, Starkville Gun Club International Team, MS – 300-25X
- Katrina Demerle, 18, Hamilton, OH – 299-26X
- Griffin Lake, 17, Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle Team, Pa. – 299-23X
Teams of four people:
- Zion High School Navy JROTC Benton, IL – 1096-38X
- Navy JROTC High School Pascagoula, MS – 1089-31X
- Shooters Pierre Junior, SD – 1087-31X
- Granbury, TX Marine Corps JROTC High School – 1180-81X
- Gun Club of Lafayette, VA – 1177-88X
- Ontelaunee Jr. Rifle, Pennsylvania – 1175-77X
The top-scoring athletes from the Postal event move on to the Regional Championships, which will be held in Ohio, Alabama and Utah in April. The culminating National Championships will be held at the Gary Anderson CMP Center of Competition in Camp Perry, Ohio, June 22-24 (sporter) and July 10-12 (precision).
View a complete list of results from the 2022-2023 CMP three-position postal competition at https://ct.thecmp.org/2023CMPPostalResults. To view a list of Regional Qualifiers or to learn more about the CMP Postal Air Rifle, visit https://thecmp.org/youth/three-position-national-postal-competition/.
About the CMP Three Position Postal Contest:
The competition is designed for athletes and youth precision shooters involved in 4-H, Scout, American Legion, club or JROTC air rifle programs. During the Postal match, competitors are mailed targets to record shots at their practice areas in each of three positions: prone, standing, and kneeling. The targets are then sent to CMP headquarters for official scoring by staff members. State Championships, also part of the CMP Three Position Air Rifle Series, are run by CMP State Directors or specially appointed Competition Directors.
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is a federally chartered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. It is dedicated to firearms safety and marksmanship training and the promotion of marksmanship competition for United States citizens. To learn more about the CMP and its programs, log on to www.TheCMP.org.