Chêne Gear, a leading manufacturer of technical waterfowl clothing, is launching a new collection of clothing that will serve a broader range of waterfowl hunters, including its new Hydro-Lok Field Dungarees, Flyweigh Primaloft Jacket, and two new colors of its flagship wader. To celebrate his two-year anniversary, Chêne gives back to his clients and supports waterfowl conservation by providing a free Ducks Unlimited membership to the purchaser of each wader for the remainder of the year.
“After coming to market two years ago with our wader, we have selectively assembled a comprehensive collection of waterfowl hunting essentials that are built better. We can now better serve hunters on all flyways, whether you need protection in frigid temperatures, goose hunting in the fields, or just want comfortable performance clothing that won’t fall apart,” said Jeff Jones, co-founder and director of Chêne Gear operations. “Like all of our other technical hunting products, we have spent the last two years testing and improving these products to ensure they meet Chêne standards for performance and durability.”
As part of her commitment to conservation, Chêne’s gift of Ducks Unlimited memberships is an effort to raise awareness of the critical work of the non-profit organization. Ducks Unlimited was founded in 1937 during the Dust Bowl to save the drought-stricken North American waterfowl population and has since conserved more than 15.5 million acres of critical waterfowl habitat. In 2022, the volunteer-based nonprofit organization protected and restored more than 575,000 acres of wetlands and associated habitat in the United States.
“For the past 86 years, Ducks Unlimited has focused on wetlands and waterfowl, and the results are amazing. We’ve lost 3 billion birds in North America, but waterfowl are the only bird species increasing in population, thanks to the support of hunters and Ducks Unlimited members who do so much to support that vision of filling the waterfowl skies today, tomorrow and forever,” said Adam Putnam, CEO of Ducks Unlimited.
“Whether it’s through habitat conservation, working with waterfowl biologists, or grassroots engagement with hunters across the country, Ducks Unlimited has made an invaluable contribution to North American waterfowl populations and the sport of waterfowl. waterfowl hunting,” Jones said. “By bringing this membership to our customers, we want them to experience the value of this organization and encourage them to get more involved, whether it’s renewing their membership, attending a banquet or volunteering on a project.”
The new products will be available July 13 at 10 am CT exclusively on CheneGear.com. The new collection includes:
- Flyweight Primaloft Jacket ($400, images): A favorite among the Chêne staff and field test team, the Flyweigh Jacket is a high-performance outer layer. It was built to hunt in a wide temperature range, without extra weight or bulk. It provides added warmth for cold days and effectively regulates body temperature so hunters don’t have to remove it in the field when going on long blind walks, putting out lures, or hunting on chilly mornings that will eventually warm up.
This versatility is made possible by Primaloft’s 100% synthetic Silver Thermal Plume insulation with CrossCore technology, which provides superior insulation, body temperature regulation and comfort. The tough outer shell is water and wind resistant and protects against abrasion and punctures. Other features include a fully adjustable drawcord hood, vertical zippered chest pockets, side handwarmer pockets, form-fitting lycra sleeve cuffs, and a highly packable design for convenient storage. It is available in Mossy Oak Original Treestand, Mossy Oak Original Bottomland, Mossy Oak Shadowgrass Habitat, Olive, and Field Tan.
- Hydro-Lok Field Vest ($500, images): In response to overwhelming demand from backcountry hunters, Chêne’s new backcountry dungarees are inspired by their best-selling wellies. The three-layer nylon construction offers high breathability, uncompromising waterproof protection, and robust resistance against punctures and abrasion.
This highly anticipated product is packed with smart features that are the result of two years of field testing, including knee-length zippers for easy boot removal, dirt-friendly zipper flaps, and using magnets that aren’t inhibited by the mud and adjustable elastic shoulder straps. for full mobility and all-day comfort. Other features include an oversized YKK Vislon chest zipper, water-resistant zippered chest pockets, interior pockets with magnetic closure, fleece-lined chest handwarmer pockets, and water-resistant zippered leg pockets. water and fleece. It is available in Mossy Oak Bottomland, Field Tan, and Habitat.
- Chêne Gear Wader ($1,100, images): Chêne’s signature wader is available in two patterns this year: the Mossy Oak Original Treestand and solid brown. Chêne believes that Original Treestand, a vintage pattern released over 30 years ago, is one of the best patterns ever created for timber hunting. Customers have long asked Chêne to launch his wader in solid brown, a versatile color that he pairs almost everywhere.
When Chêne launched its flagship wader in 2021, the brand was the first to design a waterfowl hunting wader constructed from breathable and waterproof nylon fabric, which is more resistant to punctures, tears and leaks compared to polyester. . The wader’s custom boot design, featuring an EVA midsole, provides all-day comfort and durability. The waders are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Merino half-zip sweatshirt ($125, images): In response to the popularity of its Merino wool base layers, Chêne is adding a Merino wool half-zip hood. Made with 100 percent New Zealand merino wool, this temperature-regulating and moisture-wicking garment is designed to be worn as a baselayer in all temperature ranges, keeping you cool on hot days and warm in the coldest conditions. cold. It is available in olive.
- Bonded Fleece Field Stretch Pant ($180, images): The insulated version of the popular Field Stretch Pant is designed for everyday wear, from the duck boat to the campfire. Weighing in at 315 g/m² and made from 92% polyester and 8% spandex durable climbing fabric, these pants provide 4-way stretch for all-day comfort. The fleece lining provides superior warmth and comfort, making it a great choice for a midlayer under boots on cold days. Other features include Agion antimicrobial treatment and a DWR finish to repel moisture and inhibit odor, mold and mildew. It is available in Mossy Oak Bottomland, Mossy Oak Original Tree Stand, and brown.
- Wax Canvas Gun Sleeve ($100, images): Simple, stylish, and built to perform, this durable holster is designed to protect your gun from moisture, mud, and contact with rough surfaces to and from the shutter. It is made without padding, so it can be easily rolled up and stored during the hunt. Constructed with two layers of waxed canvas to protect from the elements, fold over flap closure, and metal hook and loops for secure storage.
About Chen: An idea born in flooded wood, Chêne Gear is built better. After introducing its flagship breathable nylon wader that set a new standard for quality, comfort and customer service, Chêne now offers a complete system of high-performance waterfowl hunting clothing.