The latest addition to Ruger® AR-556® The MPR family presents a PROOF® Research carbon fiber barrel. The handsome 18″ barrel is chambered in .223 Wylde, a hybrid chamber that works safely, accurately and reliably with .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO ammunition. The rifle also features the Ruger.® elite 452® two-stage trigger, Magpul® PRS Lite® stock, and a MOE-K2® grip.
- StockMagpul® PRS Lite®
- handguardFree float with Magpul® M-LOK® slots
- barrel length18″
- yarn pattern1/2″-28
- Turn1:8″ right
- Finishcerakote gray®
- Weight7.4 pounds
- Total length37.63″ – 39″
- pull length13.88″ – 15.25″
- suggested sale$2049.00
- Features an 18″ PROOF® Investigate the carbon fiber wrapped barrel that is both attractive and significantly lighter than standard barrels while offering excellent accuracy and repeatability.
- It features a combination rifle-length gas system chambered in .223 Wylde, a well-established chamber geometry that works safely, accurately and reliably with 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington ammunition.
- The lower receiver is equipped with Magpul® PRS Lite® stock that balances the rifle and has a sure shot length and comb height adjustments for the best fit. Magpul MOE-K2® The grip provides ergonomic access to the trigger and safety controls.
- Handguard is free-floating for accuracy and the slim 15″ length provides improved ergonomics.
- The bolt is mil-spec 9310 and is machined, shot peened and tested for strength and durability.
- the ruger® elite 452® AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp 4.5-pound trigger pull. It features a full-force hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that allows for faster lock-up time for improved accuracy.
- Magpul® M-LOK® Accessory attachment slots along the 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- ruger® The muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement. The threaded barrel allows for the installation of standard muzzle accessories.
- Made from forged 7075-T6 aerospace-grade aluminum, the flat top receiver includes a front assist, dust cover, and brass baffle.
- The bolt carrier and gas cock have chrome-plated bores to provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas tap is fixed so that it will not loosen after extensive cooking.
- Also includes: a 30-round Magpul PMAG® magazine.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, dependable firearms for the commercial sporting market. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers nearly 800 variations of more than 40 product lines, under the Ruger and Marlin brands. For nearly 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Gun Makers for Responsible Citizens®,” echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.